For our customer we’re looking for a Senior Drupal Engineer.
In the first place we’re looking for candidates with the “Anankei DNA”.
Our DNA embodies a positive and joyful attitude.
Dream IT , Trust IT, Go for IT !
We are looking for versatile, experienced and pro-active Drupal Developers to join the team to help
develop and maintain the 15+ websites and web-apps.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be self-motivated and a problem solver;
- Have a capacity to plan, analyse and structure information well;
- Proactively identify, own and solve hard technical challenges;
- Be able to complete projects autonomously or as a part of a team;
- Contribute to process improvement and the ability to bring new ideas to the table;
- Have a good verbal and written communication skills for presentations, demos and ongoing
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Participate in architecting and building/theming responsive Drupal (8 and higher) web applications, while complying with the information security, technology standards, best practices, multilingualism, accessibility and privacy requirements;
- Provide third-party data integrations between Drupal and various APIs;
- Manage and maintain complex implementations of Drupal-based solutions with a focus on maintainability, reliability, scalability, and performance;
- Investigate and troubleshoot bugs, performance improvements and bottlenecks in code;
- Deploy work to different development environments;
- Perform (security) updates to existing Drupal environments;
- Document technical requirements based on client / stakeholders’ needs;
- Assist with technical planning, tasks/user stories creation, estimates, scopes, schedules and technical acceptance criteria creation;
- Attend daily and weekly status meetings, project discussions and team meetings;
- Communicate regularly with project manager(s) and team lead(s);
- Participate in peer code reviews of other team members’ code;
- Work with other team members to resolve technical and design issues;
- Stay current with the emerging technologies / industry trends and best practices.
Must Have :
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Drupal
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in modern PHP (7.x);
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Software Development;
- Good knowledge of modern PHP (7/8.x) and best practices
- Thorough knowledge of Drupal 8 / 9 (backend / frontend), its API’s and ecosystem (e.g. Views, Entity API, Authentication API, Search API, Migrate API, Configuration API, Plugin API, Form / Render API, Web Services API etc.), custom module development.
- Knowledge of Composer and some classic PHP frameworks (Symfony, Laravel etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL / NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Familiarity with APIs, web services (JSON, REST, SOAP), authentication and authorization technologies (e.g. SAML, OAuth, OpenID) and third-party libraries
- Understanding of web application design, object-oriented architecture and fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Good knowledge of version control systems (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket).
- Working knowledge of LAMP / LEMP, linux command-line, scripting
- Self-motivated, stress resistant, self and well organized, structured;
- Excellent work ethic and a team player: Leader, when need be, follower when need be;
- Excellent articulation, presentation, negotiation and leadership skills;
- Ability to learn quickly and independently.
- Ability to analyse complex documents / specifications.
- Ability to work independently on specific tasks while at the same time functioning as a member of a team.
- Outstanding command of English, written, spoken and understanding is mandatory. Fluency in either of the national languages (French, Dutch or German) required.
Nice to have :
- Familiarity with React / Vue / Angular
- Familiarity with Docker, Jenkins, Ansible
- Familiarity with Apache Solr
- Familiarity with interactive data visualization (D3.js, Chart.js, Highcharts, Google Charts)
- Experience in Unit & Functional testing (+ automated testing)
- Knowledge or experience on Agile methodologies