Description: Specialist Inside Fiber Rollout
Within the Network Engineering &Operations (NEO) division, our teams work in an environment that is constantly evolving. The roll-out of the fiber network and the introduction of new technologies and services are a major challenge. Within the Department ‘Fiber Network Programs’ (FNP), the 'Inside Fiber Rollout' team has a key role in the introduction and evolution of active equipment in the optical fiber network.
Inside Fiber Rollout (IFR) coordinates the roll-out, growth and upgrades of the PON infrastructure in the technical rooms. Executive teams of NFA &SFA Inside install active equipment & accessories, realize the interconnection to the backbone network on the one hand and optical connections to the local network on the other. IFR makes a quarterly roll-out plan and directs the teams of NFA &SFA Inside for execution.
To continuously evolve and innovate in our networks, we are looking for a specialist to strengthen our team in Brussels. You will find yourself in an environment with varied challenges and where you work together with functional and technical teams. There are regular interactions with other operational and commercial departments, with strategy, finance, logistics, procurement, external suppliers, and IT.
As a specialist within Inside Fiber Rollout, you will lead technical projects with the aim of:
• End-to-end coordination and follow-up of the roll-out of new technologies such as GPON and XGSPON.
• Monitor the capacity of the access network and proactively drive actions to prevent network saturations.
• Drawing up a multi-year plan and responsible for the operational plan, the financial plan as well as the roll-out plan. Of course, the applicable processes, network design rules and the available budgets are always taken into account.
• Asset management, budget and stock management of technological equipment and accessories in the fiber domain (OLT, GPON, XGS-PON, OTDR, splitters,...). Making material available to the executive teams in a timely manner.
• Contact with external suppliers and material follow-up of the hardware needed for the roll-out of projects (forecast, order follow-up and deliveries).
• Define and develop the operational dashboard.
• Project reporting and communication.
Master of Telecommunications/ICT or equivalent.
You have concrete experience in a technical production environment or in a similar position.
You easily make contacts and have analytical skills and a pronounced organizational talent.
You are able to manage projects, take charge of a project team and report to management on a regular basis.
You have a good knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
Your technical knowledge:
• You can easily get along with applications from Microsoft such as MS Office, Power Query, Power Pivot, ...
• You have a strong interest in new network technologies
• You want to participate in the preparation and improvement of procedures and working methods
• You want to gain experience in managing execution projects
Your most important attitudes and skills:
• You are eager to learn and you are willing to train constantly
• You are meticulous and can work independently and carefully
• You look for creative solutions and like to take initiative
• You are communicative and love teamwork
• You have a talent for organization