For our customer in the telecom sector, we are currently looking for a Project Manager (expert level).
- Responsible to manage very large and complex projects, to steer the virtual teams throughout the different departments of the Customer
- Responsible to ensure that the business or technical projects are deliverd on -time, on-scope and on-budget through the use of the Customers methodology while ensuring continuous alignment between the various stakeholders (within impacted teams) with many stakeholders in different business units
- Required Responsibilties:
- To ensure that the needs of the internal clients are taken into account and that the business/technical solutions are delivered in line with the agreed requirements. To challenge requested scope changes and this during the duration of the project.
- To define together with all involved parties the needed project budget.
- To ensure you get this budget approved by all necessary "governance bodies";
- To identify timely budget variances and to challenge them avoiding your projects exceeds their budget
- To define in cooperaton with your project team a clear and realistic project plan that meets project objectives and clearly identifies the expected results and the associated resources
- To commitment from the different departments on the expected results
- To challenge the various parties involved ensuring delivery within agreed timeframe
- To avoid problems by identifying pro-active risks/issues and initiating timely the appropriate actions
- To escalate timely project problems to line management and /or project stakeholders ensuring they can still take appropriate action within their organisation
Reporting and Communication:
- To liaise on a continuous basis with management from the impacted departments avoiding surprises by ensuring they are "at any time" fully aware of the project status.
- To provide day-to-day management and coaching of one or more virtual teams
Degree & Experience
- Minimum 15 years proven experience as dedicated Project Manager in complex environments
- Proven successful management for multiple End-To-End major business/technical projects involving IT development
- Familiar with Project Management methodologies PMI, Prince 2, Agile
- Familiar with Office Tools : Word, Excel, MS-Access, MS Project and Powerpoint
- Specific affinity with content in specific areas
- Experience with frequent interactions with top management
- Proven leadership skills to manage effectively virtual project teams & multiple stakeholders in senior management positions, both business and technical
- Dealing with uncertainty and able to show expected composure in a continuous changing environment
- Dealing with ambiguity and conflict management
- Initiative taker
- Result driven
- Solution oriented
- All-round, able to manage all types of projects, business and technical