What impact will you make
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
In a world increasingly dominated by data and technology, and increasing regulatory requirements (eg General Data Protection regulation, Cybersecurity Directive, ePrivacy Directive), a holistic and pragmatic approach to data protection and privacy are key. Deloitte Belgium serves as the EMEA center of excellence for Information Protection & Privacy, leading our privacy services in Europe and helping its clients to develop a vision and strategy for a risk based data governance model. We assess and advice holistically on the legal and operational risks and, put in place the right mitigation solutions while using new emerging possibilities and tools to their advantage.
You will be part of a truly integrated and internationally leading team of data protection & privacy experts and working hand in hand with specialists in legal & compliance, identity & access management, digital trust, cyber security and Cloud environments.
Work you’ll do
- You’ll be an active member of the Privacy Management Team and be in charge of client accounts as well as major eminence and knowledge initiatives at local and European level
- You’ll provide input into our go-to-market strategy, product offering and our EMEA data protection and privacy strategy. This entails e.g. exploring new innovative services, tools and strategic alliances with the management team.
- You’ll work together with multiple business units throughout the (international) network
- You’ll conduct pragmatic research and analysis related to all aspects of personal data protection (identification and analysis of legal requirements and their related interpretation, cross-border data transfer strategy, data security, privacy by design programs, cloud computing privacy aspects, data protection officer as-a service etc.)
- You’ll translate regulatory requirements into business processes, scenarios and project implementations for our clients
- You’ll assist in elaborating risk-mitigating and remediation plans for clients in light of the applicable legal/regulatory framework
- You’ll design legal and operational mechanisms to be adopted by clients on various aspects of personal data protection (e.g. in relation to privacy notices, Works Councils’ assistance, international data transfers, globalisation of IT infrastructures, etc.)
- You’ll act as faculty leader in data protection and privacy trainings given to clients or internally and the design of related materials
- You have a university degree, preferably in law, and/or 4 to 9 years of hands-on experience in data protection & privacy acquired in a law firm, professional services company or through in-house practice and are used to dealing with complex and/or international organizations
- You can combine knowledge of current best practices with out-of-the-box thinking to help our clients address the data protection and privacy challenges at local and international level
- You have a good knowledge and understanding of the latest EU and international level data privacy (e.g. GDPR) and cyber risk developments, actors and trends
- You have a proven track record and the ability to lead energetic and multidisciplinary teams and perform analysis and research work on a variety of data protection and privacy topics
- You have very strong formal communication, reporting and synthesis skills
- You have a good grasp of how technology impacts on privacy, you are results-oriented and pragmatic in your advice
- You are able to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience. Next to that, you are able to build an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and stay up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends, innovation efforts, and leading practices
- You are a team player with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- You are fluent in English and in either Dutch or French
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organisation:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
What’s in it for you
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You’ll work in a collaborative, high-tech environment where innovation is key. Personal development and growth are encouraged and continuous learning and coaching are part of the open culture. You’ll be based at our new headquarters next to Brussels Airport, working in a multicultural team on projects that vary in duration, content and industries. You’ll spend time in the office, at client sites and abroad. You’ll receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.