We are looking for a senior program manager with a broad experience in program management, being able to manage different types of programs.
The gravity point of the program will be in the ‘data’ area, ‘data’ being one of the key transformation domains.
As Program manager you are responsible of helping the stakeholders selecting the right priorities, and making sure that the End-to-end actions are conducted to ensure a qualitative implementation while keeping track of budget and according to needs and expectations of the stakeholders.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills (at both top management level as execution level), transparent stakeholder management, and who is analytic and pragmatic. Good understanding of the Telecom market and strong customer focus are key. Having worked in the data domain and/or having worked for in the Telco environment in the past will be considered as a real added value.
More globally, as a Program Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Deliver the program (and underlying projects) on time, on scope and on budget
• Coordinate and facilitate change within the different involved departments
• Define a clear and realistic program plan that maximizes growth opportunities
• Identify the deliverables and associated resources for the involved delivery teams as well as the timing thereof
• Prepare the program budget and ensure its realization by closely following up and, if required, taking timely corrective actions
• Follow-up program/project progress on a frequent basis to enable close monitoring, thorough communication and proactive problem detection
• Proactively detect potential issues by monitoring the executing of the program/project tasks and trigger the appropriate actions
• Liaise on a continuous basis with management of the impacted departments to ensure that everyone is fully aware of the deliverables (content + timing) his or her reports are in charge of
• If required, escalate program/project problems according to the program/project governance rules
• Report on program/project progress (budget, timing and scope) and issues
• Provide day-to-day management and coaching of the program team
• Ensure that all methodologies and procedures are known and applied by all team members
• Ensure full alignment of the planning with companywide related initiatives
• At least 10 years of experience in Program/Project Management within complex environments
• In-depth knowledge of the Telecom & IT environment is mandatory
• Proven experience in aligning business and technical needs in one integrated roadmap within the domain of telecom
• Proven experience in steering large and complex programs from an end-to-end perspective, coordinating all aspects (business, IT, engineering, Finance, HR,...)
• Good project methodologies (PMI, Prince2, …) knowledge
• Proven leadership skills to manage effectively your virtual project team & your stakeholders
• You can deal with ‘uncertainty’ and are able to show expected composure in a continuous changing environment.
• You feel at ease to deal with ambiguity and to handle conflicts.
• You are able to work autonomously
• You are good at organizing project resources efficiently and effectively even while managing multiple projects in parallel.
• You can timely and effectively inform your project stakeholders (director level) and you know essentially of secondary importance to distinguish.
• You take initiatives and are result driven while thinking in terms of solutions.
• You are familiar with Office tools (Word, Excel, MS-Access, MS-Project and Powerpoint).
• Languages: French, Dutch & English (Occasionally, we might accept people who do not speak both national languages but they must at least be able to understand them)