A Server and Storage systems Engineer is responsible for Servers in a Microsoft Windows environment and storage, from the transition from design to operations, through implementation, configuration and support.
Installation, configuration and upgrading of servers, storage and related hardware and Software in an international environment.
Installation, configuration and upgrading of virtualization, Business continuity plan and Backup solution.
Investigation, diagnostic testing and resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure incidents
Working in validated environment which implies writing and maintenance of technical documentation and procedures, and follow controlled change management process. Server and Storage Design is not part of the job.
General required knowledge
- Senior level
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server Products and Applications 2008 or higher
- Strong knowledge of HP Hardware Blade and DL servers
- Strong knowledge of Storage and SAN Systems: HP, IBM or Brocade
- Strong knowledge of VMWare 5 or higher
- Good knowledge of Citrix 6.5 or higher
- Good Knowledge of VB Script and PowerShell
- Good knowledge of MS SQL
- Good knowledge of Network
- Knowledge of IBM TSM is a plus
- Excellent spoken and written skills in French and English
- Can work independently as well as team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Service Minded - Familiar with the fundamentals of IT Service Management and SLA’s
- Coping With Stress in Crisis Situations
Education & qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent by experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Certifications Windows Server 2008 or higher is mandatory
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified is a plus
- Strong affinity with IT evolutions