Data Quality Analyst - req2134
Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
A main challenge for IT in a fast-evolving market landscape, is to align all products delivered in many different releases over several years. Meanwhile applications, architecture and the products are evolving.
During these evolutions, data quality issues have popped up and may cause issues in billing, provisioning and repair. Therefore focus should be put on Data Quality analysis, for which Proximus wants to recruit an expert in data quality.
Main responsabilities of this function:
* You focus on data quality improvement activities for ref data and interact with other teams and applications to clean existing data and avoid new DQ issues.
* Analysis of Data Quality issues to solve them and to avoid possible further damage or re-occurence.
* You take the leading role in discovering potential discrepancies in the product catalogue area (billing, provisioning, repair) that may result in DQ issues.
* You look for creative and simple solutions and you provide clear, structured documentation for the users, as well for the development teams and testers.
* You take initiative for timely delivery of the identified data corrections and to set up long term process improvements.
* You explain the solution to the respective teams and guide them through the development cycle.
* You provide support to the operations teams in case of incidents related to DQ.
* You report on the status of the data quality key performance indicators.
* You acquire a good understanding of the business requirements, the new Proximus products, the evolving IT-architecture, the IT-environments control and the cross-team processes.
* You have a bachelor or master degree (preferably in an IT related domain) or equivalent by experience.
* You have profound experience in analysis in a complex IT-environment.
* You have hands-on experience in SQL or similar database querying.
* Knowledge of the architecture and of the ordering and billing processes is essential.
* You have strong skills in analysis and communication.
* You are creative with an open mind to propose solutions.
* You are assertive, can convince someone, and are customer centric.
* You like to collaborate, you can listen well to others.
* You have a learning attitude.
* Good knowledge of English is mandatory, French and/or Dutch is an advantage.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.