Voice Core Solution Engineer - req680
Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
Within the Services Platforms & Cloud division we design, manage and maintain customer platforms and applications. The Voice Core domain is undergoing a transformation following the convergence of fixed and mobile technologies on the one hand and the migration of our platforms in the Telco cloud on the other hand. To achieve these ambitious goals, we are looking for a Solution Engineer to strengthen our team.
As a Voice Core Solution Engineer, you
* Demonstrate technical and non-technical leadership throughout the organization.
* Actively participate as the team's point of contact to the projects assigned to you.
* Take technical responsibility for your services for projects: commit and respect the scope, planning and budget.
* Act as a point of contact for the applications for which you are responsible in order to proactively anticipate the right capacity and implement an optimal design based on company trends and forecasts.
* Develop technical solutions to provide new services or improve existing ones.
* Work on the design, writing and correction of technical documentation both in the project phase (SAS, HLD, LLD, ...) and in production (procedures, MOP, ...)
* Prepare work orders on time, without error, and track them to ensure they are concluded on time.
* Monitor the services of suppliers and / or other internal delivery teams.
* Collaborate with other team members to obtain and provide the expected support.
* Provide the expected support to the operational teams and other internal teams on topics requiring your technical expertise.
* Particular attention will be given to migrations and hand-over of applications to the operational team by providing clear and mutually agreed procedures.
* Consistent and proactive communication: regular progress reports to management.
* Increase and demonstrate your technical and non-technical skills through appropriate training, knowledge transfer sessions, ...
* You know how to work in a team and change does not scare you.
* You are agile and ready to discover new areas.
* You have experience in a telecom application deployment environment.
* You have a good knowledge of Linux and telecom signalling (SS7, Diameter, SIP ...)
* You have experience with one or more Voice Core network platforms (HSS, HLR, IMS, TAS, DRA, STP, MSS, MGW ...).
* You have a good analytical mind.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.