Digital technology has changed the face of business as we know it. Deloitte Digital helps clients in turning this transformation into an impactful advantage by creating and realizing digital transformation success stories. We combine Deloitte’s globally recognized strength in business transformation and technology implementation with the capabilities of a world-class digital agency.
By leveraging user-centric thinking, design capabilities, new technologies and cloud solutions, we empower our clients and allow them to rethink how they connect with their customers across every platform, every device and every step of the customer journey. Our approach is to start from the customer or the user needs, convert them into concepts, design tangible prototypes, and finally develop and implement concrete solutions, always keeping in mind the business impact they entail. Our consultants deliver disruptive innovations, relying on their business and technology knowledge, along with their creative capabilities.
Within the development team we pride ourselves on being technology-agnostic, choosing the right tool for each job. Some of the technologies we used recently include: Salesforce, CloudCraze, Hybris, Wordpress, Adobe AEM, VueJS, React (Native), Swift, D3.js, …and we’re always on the look-out for the next thing that will revolutionize our way of working!
As a Front-End Developer in our Digital Experience team, you are responsible for developing cutting-edge digital solutions. You will work alongside some of the best developers, designers and strategy minds in the business, delivering top-notch digital solutions for the biggest and best players on the market.
Our developers aren’t people who are locked away in a room churning out code to match a large set of specifications that were defined in another time and place. Instead, they work side-by-side with our clients and the rest of the team, combining deep technical expertise with innovative thinking and a strong understanding of what makes businesses and their customers tick. It’s the combination of these skills and way of working that helps us deliver the best digital experiences.
Are you motivated to combine your sense for digital with the art of programming? Do you look beyond the code and back-end solution? Are you interested in how mobile applications tap into this? Are you curious to see how front-end solutions can empower your work rather than limit it? In short, do you see the big picture and the big role your back-end expertise will play in it?
Then you are Deloitte Digital’s next Front-End Developer.
- We believe in Agile and you will be part of a Scrum team in which you are collaborate with the rest of the team to achieve the best deliverable possible for each sprint. The team is often a mix of client and Deloitte’s personnel working together.
- During the sprint planning, you will decide how to best implement the technical stories and participate in the story estimations. Together with your peers you will align on the approach and how this will fit within the overall architecture of the project
- Within each sprint, you take ownership of the stories you work on and analyze, develop, test and release them. You align closely with the other developers in order to ensure that the right person works on the right task and you even benefit from peer review throughout the sprint. We work with tools that help you move ahead faster, such as JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.
- On top of pure frontend skills, you have insight into the backend and design work, so that you are efficient in the collaboration within the team.
- On top of regular sprint work, you provide our clients with advice on digital change, helping them to exploit web, mobile and social media to strengthen their brand and grow their business.
- Bachelor or Master degree combined with post-graduate experience, preferably including client-facing consulting role(s);
- Experience producing web / mobile / enterprise solutions in a professional development environment;
- A passion for digital transformation and technology;
- Ideally you have worked on project in which you integrated this front-end savviness with management systems (e.g. Salesforce, Adobe Experience, SAP Hybris);
- You are a generalist in your field of expertise with hybrid interests in all technology beyond that, such as back-end development (e.g. Java, NodeJS, .NET) and/or design (e.g. UX expertise, Photoshop, Sketch);
- Experience in agile development environments;
- You are a team player who enjoys working with others to solve problems and share knowledge;
- You have the ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team-setting;
- You balance logical problem solving with innovative thinking;
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (English + Dutch and/or French);
- Flexible and open to travel.
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are limitless;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits;
- Working within an entrepreneurial team of digital pioneers with ambitious growth plans in the coming years;
- Our business activities are centralized in Deloitte's Gateway office based in Brussels. Projects could be both nationally (BE) or internationally (EU) based.
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium, we are the #1 professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multinational and large organizations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are in a perfect position to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions, and small and large companies.
Our Consulting practice has a strong reputation and proven track record as preferred Business Performance Consulting partner. We are the recognized leader in helping clients solve complex business problems, differentiated by our ability to execute the advice we provide and lead by example. Our multi-disciplinary competencies allow us to address CxO issues from every angle.