Developing new applications or adapting existing systems is strongly needed for a lot of companies. But what about the quality of what has been developed?
As a Medior Test Engineer you are responsible for this quality, together with the developers, analysts, business testers, etc. in your project team. In strong collaboration with these people you need to define a sound test strategy which will enable you to test the application with the right test coverage taking into account the limits of time and budget.
Frequent reporting to management about the application quality and the related risks is key to know we are still on track with the project and to decide whether this application is ready to go live or not. So as a tester you have an important role to play in a project: you need to adapt to the changing circumstances in the project and need to be creative to find solutions for encountered issues in order to keep the testing ongoing.
In your daily work you:
- Learn the client context and business which will help you to better test the software
- Analyse all available documentation (requirements, specs, stories,…) needed for testing
- Write logical and physical test cases
- Execute the needed tests and follow up on reported defects
Skills & Requirements
- A bachelor's or master's degree (Informatics, Mathematics… or other similar technical education)
- You have a driver's license
- You are fluent in Dutch and English and have a good command of French
- At least two years of experience in structured testing of software
- You show flexibility and always act in a professional way
- You have fluent communication skills, next to strong analytical skills
- You have a strong focus on quality in everything you do
- You are proactive and solution driven
What's in it for you?
Sogeti is the perfect place to bring your passion for IT into play and learn new skills.You will be given the opportunity to develop your career through working on interesting projects, our internal training & development program, attend training courses to broaden your knowledge and obtain certifications.
That’s how we boost your personal career and encourage life-long learning in your area of expertise! Your evolution will be monitored closely by your operations manager, a counselor and your own HR business partner.
Sogeti is also known for lot of fun, an open minded company environment and where the informal communication culture are part of its DNA.
You can also count on an attractive salary package and fringe benefits (e.g. company car, personal flex plan,…).