• As a network engineer you'll have responsibility for setting up, developing and maintaining our backbone network as well as customer’s network.
• The person will be responsible for providing support to our level 1 support team and troubleshoot any problems that arise.
• You may also be involved in designing new networks/services together with the network architect.
• He/She will ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance to our customers which are Municipalities, administrations, hospitals and Police.
• He/She will show technical understanding as well as empathy on customers issues.
• He/She will complete all information’s related to the issue and/or configuration in the knowledge database/documentations.
• He/She works as technical support (level 2) on the customer network and services to his customers, and will know at least one of those environments:
o Cisco routing and switching
o Cisco Wireless (controller 5520, CMX)
o Cisco MPLS: ASR, ISR
o HPe products (switches HP Aruba 3810, 5900)
o Cisco CUCM for the videoconferencing part.
o Knowledge of Video over IP is an asset (VMS Genetec).
• He/She will participate into presales meetings with the customers to understand the business needs and transform them into network design
• He/She will validate quotes from the sales department on their technical aspects and adequation to the customers’ needs
• He/She will give support to the other competence centers (ucc / voice / IT) on network related questions
• The work environment bid a huge diversity of technology exposure on applications, network, voice and video products.
• This position assures to the person a learning curve in a lot of different technologies.
• After the outsourcing period, there are evolution opportunities as product specialist and being involved in the services design and/or projects delivery
• Works in collaboration with the operations team and the architect
• Report to the LAN/WLAN Competence Center Manager.
• Builds strong team relationships with other Network Engineers.
• Connects directly with end customers and vendors.
• Builds effective working relationships with customers while solving their issues.
• S/he will have a direct communication with the customer
• S/he will provide level 2 technical support to end customers on the different technologies, products, and/or solutions with a special focus on Unified Communication and LAN services.
• S/He will provide the next steps of troubleshooting in case of need
• S/he will share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical issues and solutions in order to enlarge the knowledge database and documentation.
• S/he will escalate the problems to the team if the issue is not to be solved at his/her level.
• S/he will escalate some specific problems to the product manager and/or to the Operations Manager for product enhancement.
• S/he will work closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals.
• S/he will strive to technical excellence and expertise.
• Prior experience in a technical ICT / Telecom support environment (advantageous).
• Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential).Bachelor’s in computer studies or equivalent by experience.
• Cisco, Fortinet, HPe or other relevant technical certification.
• High "core" networking skills (routing, switching, MPLS)
• Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Unified communication/VOIP, Call Center, Routing, Switching (essential), firewalling
• Knowledge of network Architecture (advantageous)
• Fluent Dutch and French speaker (essential), knowledge of English
• Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly (essential)
• Enjoys sharing knowledge.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
• Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment (essential)
• Out-of-the-box thinker (essential)
• Able to take initiative and drive change (essential)
• Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand
• Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement
• Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive
The successful candidate should be:
o Strong communicator and negotiator with interpersonal skills who can develop solid relationships, influence clients in their decision making (storytelling) and achieve required results for his/her client.
o Autonomous, self-motivated, engaged and organized, ready to take ownership, set priorities and work towards deliverables.
o Customer focused, listen actively to various parties and takes responsibility for customer issues.
o Team player who works well with colleagues from various departments, can value the team and the advantages it brings, motivates others for his/her projects and maintains good communication with his management and colleagues so that no
opportunities are lost.
o Entrepreneur who is curious, energetic and flexible in adapting quickly to change. He/she takes initiatives, identifies business opportunities and can propose out-of-the-box solutions.
o Result-oriented and persevering, adopts a disciplined and commercial approach to achieving objectives whilst also being patient and making sure that in the long run business opportunities at prospects/clients become projects.
o Analytical with financial insight, familiar with key financial ratios and business indicators.