As a network technician your responsibilities will consist of installing, repairing and maintaining all network components (switches, routers, cables) in conjunction with the network engineers / architect.
- Install network devices (switches, routers) and cabling in conjunction with network engineers/architect
- Basic configuration knowledge of switch configuration (applying pre-defined configurations)
- Upgrading firmwares
- Identifying, diagnosing and resolving network problems
You will participate in onguard duty concerning level 2 support.
The following are a must:
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP
- Hands on experience with equipment of a.o. Allied Telesis, Cisco, Fortinet
- Willingness to work outside “standard office hours” (nightly/weekend on-call escalations, onsite interventions), willingness to participate in onguard duty (secondline support)
- Analytical mind
- Organizational skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Must speak / understand Dutch and French (front office role – contact with customer, especially in helpdesk activities) + Technical English (ability to write documentation)