Our client has launched several projects related to Cybersecurity (Vendor Access, API, PKI).
In order to lead them successfully, we look for a senior hands-on project manager with a relevant technical background in cyber security.
We look for the person who is able to challenge and talk with technical and non technical people, and who will get the things done, .
- Responsible to manage very large and complex projects, to steer the virtual teams throughout the different departments
- Responsible to ensure that the business or technical projects are delivered on -time, on-scope and on-budget through the use of the their methodology while ensuring continuous alignment between the various stakeholders (within impacted teams) with many stakeholders in different business units
- Scope management:
- To ensure that the needs of the internal clients are taken into account and that the business/technical solutions are delivered in line with the agreed requirements. To challenge requested scope changes and this during the duration of the project.
- Cost management:
- To define together with all involved parties the needed project budget.
- To ensure you get this budget approved by all necessary "governance bodies";
- To identify timely budget variances and to challenge them avoiding your projects exceeds their budget
- Time Management
- To define in cooperation with your project team a clear and realistic project plan that meets project objectives and clearly identifies the expected results and the associated resources
- To get commitment from the different departments on the expected results
- To challenge the various parties involved ensuring delivery within agreed timeframe
- Risk Management:
- To avoid problems by identifying pro-active risks/issues and initiating timely the appropriate actions
- To escalate timely project problems to line management and /or project stakeholders ensuring they can still take appropriate action within their organisation
- Reporting and Communication:
- To liaise on a continuous basis with management from the impacted departments avoiding surprises by ensuring they are "at any time" fully aware of the project status.
- People Management:
- To provide day-to-day management and coaching of one or more virtual teams
Degree & Experience
- Minimum 15 years proven experience as dedicated Project Manager in complex environments
- Senior PM skills, able to provide reporting executive level style and at the same time be hands-on with technical staff.
- Proven successful management for multiple End-To-End major business/technical projects involving IT development
- Experience with cyber security projects/deployments; have the cyber security mindset (risk reduction/mitigation)
- Experience with infrastructure architecture setup
- Experience with remote access setup
- Familiar with Project Management methodologies PMI, Prince 2, Agile
- Familiar with Office Tools : Word, Excel, MS-Access, MS Project and Powerpoint
- Specific affinity with content in specific areas
- Experience with frequent interactions with top management
- Proven leadership skills to manage effectively virtual project teams & multiple stakeholders in senior management positions, both business and technical
- Dealing with uncertainty and able to show expected composure in a continuous changing environment
- Dealing with ambiguity and conflict management
- Initiative taker
- Result driven
- Solution oriented
- All-round, able to manage all types of projects, business and technical
- English is mandatory. Dutch / French is a strong asset.