Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Consulting practice within Deloitte has a strong reputation and track record as Business Performance Consultants. We are a recognized leader in helping clients solve complex business problems, differentiated by our ability to execute on the advice we provide. Our multi-disciplinary competencies allow us to address CXO issues from every angle.
At Deloitte, our focus is on the Business of Internet of Things – using IoT to create real business value for our clients. Our practice is a dynamic blend of technologists, strategists, engineers and designers who use technology, data and science to drive major business innovations that deliver real-world value. Through an unmatched combination of creative vision, deep industry experience and state-of-the-art technology knowledge, our IoT practice is reimagining—and rewiring—how businesses work with the purpose to create lasting impact for our clients.
In case you missed it in the press, we’ve had some major success lately: our team was recently named a global leader in Internet of Things (IoT) services by Forrester. We're very proud of this honor, which supports Deloitte’s position as the #1 professional service provider in the IoT services market.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager/Director IoT with a deep passion for this fast growing area. Someone who can bring in his/her talent, skills and enthusiasm to shape the future of the IoT landscape:
1. Business development & sales:
• You will take on a leading role in growing our Deloitte Internet of Things footprint in the local, and where applicable, the international market.
• Through a combination of your knowledge of the market and functional expertise, you will drive business development in a specific industry/segment, e.g. Manufacturing & Utilities. This means you will have a responsibility in exploring business needs, defining project proposals and presenting them to client leadership.
2. Delivering IoT Solutions at clients:
• Together with your team, you will be responsible for delivering impactful IoT projects, by enabling solutions that collect data from physical assets (i.e. trucks, machines, vessels, etc.) and enable insights that drive business operations.
• You will drive & lead project teams, on connected manufacturing, connected logistics & distribution and/or connected infrastructure.
• You will identify relevant use cases, define the technology direction and high level architecture to support the use cases. You work with business and IT leaders in the conceptual design of IoT systems that include sensors, mass data ingestion, real time processing, data governance, analytics and integration with other enterprise systems.
• You will lead engagements from design to implementation and oversee operations from a pilot all the way to the roll-out of full-scale IoT solutions.
• You will establish long term client relationships.
• You will be part of the Internet of Things Team management and commit to being a team player.
• You will contribute to attracting and retaining talent while clearly leading by example. As a leader of a fast-growing and diverse group of skilled people, you will ensure that (together with our HR team) we continue to develop innovative ways to enhance both retention and recruitment of our people.
• You are further developing the integration in our international network.
• You have a minimum of 9 years of experience, a.o. in a consulting environment.
• You have specific expertise in emerging IoT systems and corresponding IoT middleware platforms. You have strong past experiences in managing and delivering digital innovation/industry 4.0 projects.
• You have solid understanding of IoT architecture (from connectivity to aggregation, analytics and visualization layers), preferable through implementation/architecture experience.
• Certifications or experience with PTC ThingWorx, SAP Leonardo IoT, AWS or IBM Watson IoT is a plus, Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing.
• Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, RUP, other).
• Experience in Manufacturing, Utilities, logistics and Distribution, Energy, Infrastructure and/or Smart Cities, Government & Public Services, is a plus.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and you are seeking to join a fast-growing team within Deloitte and to contribute to its success.
• You truly excel in not only reaching out to new clients in an important growth market for Deloitte, but also nurturing and building long-lasting relationships with existing clients. You are able to act as a clear trusted advisor to senior management functions within our clients. You thrive on ensuring the highest quality and ethical standards in your client advice and relations.
• You are innovation-minded, with an ability to think outside the box while demonstrating strong communication, entrepreneurial and leadership skills.
• You have a flexible and well-developed sense of initiative, you are able to take responsibility for your own workload and drive a multi-disciplinary group forward.
• You have a true willingness and ability to work as part of an integrated, enthusiastic and multi-disciplinary team.
• You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
• You are open to work in an international environment and to work abroad if needed.
• A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are highly encouraged.
• A substantial investment in your training and coaching.
• Working for a leading consulting company with strong values that recognize diversity and collaboration.
• An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
• Our business activities are located in Deloitte's Gateway office in Brussels (HQ Zaventem).