Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Deloitte Belgian Tax and Legal practice consists of more than 600 professionals and plays a leading role in the Belgian market as well in the global Deloitte network. Our professionals are specialized in different domains such as Business Tax, Global Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax and Global Employer services.
As Billing Officer you will be in charge of managing the working capital of your client portfolio. This includes processing invoices monitoring outstanding receivables and work in process.
Prior to the acceptance of a new client and/or the start of a new engagement, you will perform a series of checks, in order to assure compliance with all quality, risk and independence related policies and regulations.
You will work closely together with and report to:
- The internal clients (mostly partners, directors and managers)
- The Finance controller
- The Quality and Risk and Reputation (QRR) Manager
Billing & Collection:
- Inputting of engagements/WIP/Billing related data
- Processing invoices
- Monitoring outstanding receivables
- Responding to customer enquiries and complaints
- Resolving disputes about deliveries and payments, by consulting the client teams
- Checking ledgers, statements and accounts on errors and take necessary corrective actions
- Assisting in reconciling parking accounts, internal order
- Carrying out statistical analysis, management reports
Client and engagement acceptance:
- Comply with Anti Money Laundering formalities for new clients, this includes the gathering and archiving of relevant documentation
- Create and maintain client and engagement records in SAP
- Verify whether it is allowed to serve a client, based on national and international independence regulations
- Gather and archive the required pre-approvals according to the type of engagements
- Maintaining permanent risk file, incl. assessment of risk profile for new clients and engagements
- Create and maintain contracts in SAP in accordance with the terms and conditions (e.g. pricing, staffing) of the engagement letter
- 1 - 3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. SAP) is an asset
- Excellent Excel skills
- Accuracy and organizational skills
- A service minded attitude
- Dutch speaking with good knowledge of English and French