ICT Cloud Infrastructure Team Manager
Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
Within the Solutions IT (SIT) division for business customers, the ICT Cloud team of the Industrialized IT Services (I²S) department is responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of ICT solutions for on-premise, datacenter, cloud and hybrid environments.
To strengthen our ICT Cloud team, we are looking for a:
ICT Cloud Infrastructure Team Manager
You are responsible for leading a team with the following areas of competence: Servers, Storage, Virtualisation, Backup and Storage. A key priority is to increase customer satisfaction. Together with a team of engineers, you provide customers with a high-quality, uninterrupted service, in accordance with contractual agreements and SLAs. This includes:
* Delivery of customer projects or internal optimization/automation projects (on time, on scope, and on budget). You are in contact with major customers (internal/external) and play an advisory role.
* Delivery of 2nd- and 3rd-line support and validation, planning and implementation of complex changes. You collaborate closely with the Operations Manager for incident and problem management, and play a role during escalation management.
* Ensuring the datacenter and on-site environments for which you are responsible.
* Ensuring the capacity management for your areas of competence and triggering new orders in good time. For this, you consult with the appropriate internal departments and relevant vendors.
* Staying abreast of new technologies in your areas of competence. You provide input for the development of new products and services, and make sure they are efficiently supported within your team. You monitor their content and follow-up and make suggestions for improvements.
* Collaborating closely with other internal teams and departments, and constantly looking for ways to improve that collaboration.
* Reporting to management on the status of projects and any complex changes within your team. For this, you use dashboards and reporting,and have a clear overview of the situation and the most important parameters.
* Updating the documentation, processes and procedures.
In this role, you guide and coach the team to achieve the desired results and develop a quality awareness. You are a real team player and a strong people manager. You coach and support your team members so they can achieve their potential and make a maximum contribution to the team objectives. You provide input for training plans.
You report to the ICT Cloud Manager.
Your workplace is in Brussels (Evere).
* Industrial engineer or equivalent experience.
* You have at least five years of experience as a Team Leader (preferably, in a datacenter environment).
* You have excellent knowledge of technical implementations in the areas of competence represented in your team. You are technically proficient in more than one of the following areas: servers, storage, backup and virtualization environments, Cloud and datacenter technologies, …
* You are customer oriented and service minded.
* You are a team player and a people manager. Depending on the situation, you can display several leadership styles (directive, inspiring, coaching and participative).
* You have strong communication skills and can maintain good relations with other parties. You speak and write fluent Dutch/French/English. (Dutch and French knowledge are mandatory)
* You have excellent problem-solving, planning and organizational skills.
* You take the initiative and are results oriented.
* You are a quick learner.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.