As NMBS- SNCB’s IT company, YPTO is part of the Belgian Railway family making sure that the Belgian railways continue to move forward and that train passengers can travel in a modern and sustainable way.
The recently approved NMBS-SNCB « Spoor Vision 2040 » has the ambitious goal to make sure that more people, companies & organizations choose the train as their prefered mobility tool. Not to forget, after all, rail being the most climate-friendly mode of transport compared to other modes of transport today.
Next to that, in a world of modern and sustainable mobility, new services and applications using digital technology are being implemented. Leading to increased and better information and communication to rail passengers and rail crew. Setting up diverse channels for purchasing tickets, a better monitoring of assets and further increase automating operational processes. Ultimately improving efficiency and service offering.
An ambitious goal that we’re building and realizing: further digitalising SNCB – NMBS, offering innovative solutions and enabling flexible services with a key focus on the end user.
A lot of work and many exciting challenges still ahead ! And you get to play your part in it. That’s a lot of impact!
Furthermore we empower our people in today’s changing world by giving trust and ownership, we instigate entrepreneurship creating a dynamic professional working environment constantly moving forward.
And that’s exactly where you and your prime analytical skills come in, join us in building that sustainable future and have a tangible impact on thousands of SNCB-NMBS workers and millions of train passengers.
For International, we are looking for a Functional Analyst.
- Identifying client needs and translating these into functional requirements
- Analyzing business processes and systems to identify improvements
- Defining functional and technical specifications
- Collaborating with developers to design and implement solutions
- Ensuring quality assurance of the final product by conducting tests and validations
- Providing support during the implementation of the solution
- Documenting business requirements, specifications, and test plans
- Coordinating and communicating with stakeholders to ensure the solution meets the client's requirements
- Communicating in a clear, concise manner (both in analysis and via other channels)
Your hard skills:
- Degree in computer science or a similar field
- At least 3 years of experience as a Functional Analyst
- Experience in analyzing business processes and systems
- Experience in drafting functional specifications and defining requirements
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Experience in using data to make decisions and solve problems
- Proficiency in documenting requirements, specifications, and test plans
- Fluent in English and either Dutch or French, both orally and written
- Knowledge and proven experience with:
- API interfaces
- Being able to analyse small screen changes: studying the request, examining the AS IS situation, writing an impact analysis, outlining what needs to change. Following this, the analyst or a designer can proceed with visuals
Your human skills:
- You are analytical and have problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You have the courage to question requirements in a healthily critical way and record a supported conclusion
Within our open business culture, you will work behind the scenes on the digital transformation of NMBS/SNCB. You have a job with social impact and room for personal input. In addition to a good work-life balance and a competitive salary, your package includes:
- Possibility to work from home 3 days a week + flexible working hours
- 35 days of leave
- Company car + public transport pass
- Target bonus
- Hospitalisation insurance (including dental care) for the whole family, group and invalidity insurance (cafeteria plan), without own contribution
- Meal and eco cheques
- Net allowances for remote work and carwash + internet budget