Ordina is the digital business partner that uses technology and market knowledge to give its customers an edge. We help our customers stay ahead of change through smart digital end-to-end solutions, sustainable software solutions and the design and management of IT landscapes.
Are you brimming with fresh ideas to lead our Data Science team in providing data-driven solutions to our customers based on the latest machine learning models and deep learning algorithms? If you are looking for a new challenge with a steep learning curve, and the support of a dynamic team, you may be the next Senior Data Scientist at Ordina.
Where you're going to get started
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will dive into the world of artificial intelligence. You will apply your skills to real scenarios and in different domains, such as drug discovery in healthcare, fraud detection in banks, the development of recommendation systems in the retail sector, and more.
This is you
- You coordinate the development and implementation of solutions with machine and deep learning at our customers.
- You assess the quality and performance of existing predictive models.
- You lead a team of talented data scientists.
You are fully convinced that data science isn’t a hype, but you also believe that, in order to be valuable and really make a company smarter, it must be done right. Your goal is therefore to create the most impactful solution possible in the quickest and easiest way possible so that real value can be extracted from data and artificial intelligence.
Your technical background:
- a master's degree (or equivalent through experience) in a field that is highly data-driven
- experience with some of the following data science techniques: supervised and unsupervised learning models, deep learning, anomaly detection, recommender systems, natural language processing, computer vision and reinforcement learning
- experience in one of the following languages: Python, R, Spark, Scala, Java or C++
- extensive experience in building and implementing advanced analytics solutions backed up with some reference cases
- well versed in open-source software and libraries in Python and/or R for machine and deep learning
- experience with big data and platforms such as Azure Machine Learning Services and Amazon SageMaker is a plus
- experience in leading a team is a plus
- You contribute to challenging projects at top international and Belgian companies in diverse sectors
- You work in a high-tech environment with a focus on knowledge and innovation, an open no-nonsense business culture with space for personal initiative
- You keep your technical and social skills up to date at our Ordina Academy you are supported in obtaining certificates
- You receive a competitive salary package with additional benefits such as a company car, laptop, insurance package, luncheon vouchers, expense account etc.
- You can take part in fun business and team building activities