Our customer in the telecom business, is looking for a Digital Product Manager.
You will work in the “API solutions” team within the Enterprise Business Unit (EBU).
“API Solutions” is responsible for the transversal development and management of the API product portfolio. This portfolio is composed of services in a few domains: Customer Engagement/Customer Experience, IoT/M2M and Data Analytics.
• Contribute to the development of the Digital Transformation Strategy for the Enterprise market customers in above domains.
• You are responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities. You will engage with customers and understand their challenges for new use cases.
• Understand and identify the challenges and opportunities which arise from business, regulatory, digital, technological macro trends, changes and translate these into concrete opportunities.
• You will be responsible for the management of existing API based services such as SMS, click to call, rental/temporary numbers, customer satisfaction survey.
• You look for opportunities in growth domains aligning first with Enterprise Business solution departments, innovation and strategy and others. Based on analysis of key markets, competitor developments, technological change and long term audience trends, define value prop, pricing, go to market planning and help to translate plans into initiatives.
• Experience steering business strategy and product development within an organization or consultancy environment. Good understanding of large organization dynamics and business processes.
• You are an effective communicator and ability to convince others to get management buy-in and organizational support to achieve his/her goals. Able to present the analysis and recommendations to management in writing, presentation as needed and ensure they are accepted in the organization. He/she is responsible for own projects and to clarify the requirements independently, or with support from other stakeholders.
• You are a good networker to work collaboratively with development, marketing and sales colleagues within the division and across the organisation.
• You build effective working relationships to produce joint recommendations with colleagues on policies, strategic issues, and new initiatives.
• Collaborate with the relevant internal departments (other product divisions, legal and regulatory, finance, marketing, sales and delivery teams) and external stakeholders (group affiliates, customers, integrators, partners) to deliver solutions according to market needs and company vision
• Become an expert on your line of products and services managing all aspects of go to market and launch.
• Formalize the product vision and manage the roadmap.
• Prioritize the product backlog and define incremental product upgrades.
• Define user stories and their acceptance criteria in collaboration with the developer team
• Create and maintain the relevant product, marketing, sales documentation for your line of products: product description, marketing presentations, sales pitch, technical documentation, training, blog articles…
• Actively research the market for new trends and competitors for your products.
• Engage with customers from co-creation to project implementation
In order for you to be successful in this position, you have:
• API/digital product management experience preferably in telecom industry ecosystem.
• Experience in IT and some knowledge of Scrum and tools such as JIRA for agile project management.
• Analytical skills to quantify high-level financial impacts.
• Effective, persuasive and impactful communication skills to get support and buy-in of the organization. .
• Experience with tools such as business model canvas, value proposition canvas or projected P&L to assess feasibility of new business opportunities
• Desired but not mandatory: Knowledge in technology trends around customer interactions: chat/voice bots, business process automation, customer engagement platforms, sales/marketing automation, CPaaS, Natural Language Processing (Speech To Text and Text To Speech).
• Knowledge of Web or API technologies such as HTTP, REST, JSON, Cloud services from Product Management perspective
• Knowledge of technologies: A2P/P2P SMS, RCS, VoIP, WebRTC, Video calling, IoT/M2M
• Languages: Fluent in English and French or Dutch.
Personality & values
• Team player
• Methodical, able to work autonomously
• High sense of responsibility, accountability, and self-initiative
• Problem solver
• Lateral thinking
• 3+ years of professional experience – product development, business planning, market development.
• University degree in related field or equivalent work experience with technologies listed above.
• An engineering/management background or consulting experience in technology and telecom area is desired
• Working experience at another communication platform as a service company will be advantageous (eg Twilio, Messagebird)