For our well known customer in the telecom business we are currently looking for a Data Architect.
What are we expecting?
A data architect is an IT specialist with experience and knowledge in (master) data management, data integration, application integration and data governance.
A data architect knows our enterprise information model, our data governance principles and our IT & data architecture. They will contribute to projects of various business divisions (Enterprise, Consumer, Customer Operations, Staff and Support) respecting the different business processes (customer intelligence, fulfillment, repair, provisioning, billing, ...).
Data Architects enable data and data flows to be set-up and/or maintained in qualitative fashion. They work with business and IT colleagues (architects, process engineers, functional analysts and project managers) to ensure that a full set of relevant, clear and unambiguous requirements regarding data and analytics are described and implemented.
His / her main responsibilities are:
Main responsibly/activity :
- Be part of a dedicated team that build a data model that optimize the data coming from backends in data products (denormalized aggregate of entities) so it optimized and will be exposed with modern & secure API solving issues of over/under fetching, providing good consumer experience
To execute the Main responsibly/activity
- Assess the impact of a project on our enterprise information model, business/information capabilities and, if necessary, propose changes
- Capture data requirements and deliver logical data models
- Determine the safety/security level of data (access, GDPR, Chinese Wall, ...)
- Contribute to a well-documented application design with focus on data and analytics (data model, reference data, technical architecture) for the purpose of standardization and reusability ensure the final delivery conforms to the design
• You are an IT professional with a minimum of 7 years experience as a functional analyst or architect with proven experience in (master) data management, enterprise information modeling, logical data modeling, data quality and/or data governance projects.
• Experience with Rational Data Architect, Erwin, Embarcadero (BHO, what is Erwin & embarcadero?) or Powerdesigner is an advantage.
• Knowledge of business intelligence, datawarehousing and/or big data is an advantage.
• Knowledge of the telecommunications environment (eg eTOM/SID) is a strong advantage.
• You are a team player and work together with other teams
• You are fluent in English, both spoken and written. Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an advantage.
• You're a good negotiator. (maybe add somewhere as a project architect, discussing/alligning with all stakeholders of a project)