Zetes is a leading pan-European company specialized in the development of software products and solutions for automatic identification of goods and people (Goods ID and People ID).
By making use of technology, Zetes' solutions are based on both mature and innovative technologies such as barcoding, voice, RFID, imaging, print & apply, smart cards and biometrics.
Established in 1984 with headquarters in Belgium, the company has grown both organically and through acquisitions, and today has subsidiaries in 20 countries. Zetes currently employs around 1200 employees. Zetes is a successful and financially stable organization and part of Panasonic since 2017.
For our GoodsID activities we are actually looking for a
Sr. Application & Implementation Manager
Manager and leader of the software development and implementation team that designs, develops (in collaboration with our Software Factory), integrates and supports our customers' business systems.
You love leading an high-performing implementation and software team that consistently deliver high-quality solutions. The development of the solutions is performed by our Software Factory (located in Spain). You will be in close contact with the Software Factory. You embrace technology and tools as well as the functional matter of the business. You lead by example and excel in getting things done. You are driven to yield the benefits of Agile and Scrum practices in a software development environment. You know what it takes to integrate business applications to meet the needs of the business and you are inspired to contribute to the team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This leadership role combines the skills of a implementation manager, a software development manager, a hands-on team lead and a business applications analyst/architect. Reporting to the Country Manager, you manage the day-to-day operations of team. This role includes planning, scheduling, coordinating, tracking and reporting on development projects for major, minor and maintenance releases. You work closely with business consultants and project managers to drive the development. This is a hands-on role that in which you find the appropriate balance between contributions to business systems analysis, software development, designs and implementations. You are part of a European application engineering team which requires limited traveling. This is a key leadership role with the opportunity to develop and mentor an existing team of software developers.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor in Computer Information Technology or Computer Science. A master's degree is a plus.
- 5-7 years minimum experience in implementation, designing, architecting and developing applications.
- 5 years minimum in a leadership and management position with up to 10 direct reports.
- Experience in project management
- 2 years minimum experience in advanced design, code, test, and deployment frameworks.
- Proven experience in managing the full development life-cycle for one or more teams.
- Practical application of software development standards and methodologies including Agile, Scrum and Test Driven Development.
- Expert knowledge and application of C++, C# and .Net
- Strong knowledge and experience within the Supply Chain
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (English, Dutch, French).
- Strong supervision, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership in an application development and implementation environment.
Zetes can offer you a very challenging position in a high-tech setting. You work in an implementation and software development team that brings together various state-of-the art technologies in soft- and hardware. Because of the international growth in demand for solid solutions, related to the domain of GoodsID and AIDC, Zetes is developing new software applications for its customers active in retail, transport and logistics, supply chain and manufacturing.
Today, you have the opportunity to manage this team.
A flexible working environment and excellent fringe benefits, such as a company car, insurance package, etc. are on top of a competitive salary package.
Please send your application letter and CV to Zetes HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org