Business Development Intern – DODS Group
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing part of the DODS Group in their Brussels office.
Dods is the leading monitoring provider of fast and accurate information about developments in EU affairs, as well as the publisher of the long-established Parliament Magazine.
This role is an opportunity to start a career in sales; You will be trained by industry experts and coached into the Dods Way of Selling in order to drive engagement with prospects and new markets.
You will join the high performing Business Intelligence (BI) and Media & Events sales team as a Business Development Intern.
Dods is looking for a paid Intern to support the team in opening sales opportunities and participate in pitches across all 4 of DODS’ business lines to the EU market (i.e. Business Intelligence, Training, Media and Events).
No prior sales experience in required, but some customer service or sales experience would be a plus. The role would suit a recent graduate in Business and European studies and with a very good command of the English language. Some tasks will include developing a network of prospects and secure meetings for the Business Development Managers.
The successful individual should be goal orientated and have an entrepreneurial mindset. They should possess excellent communication skills (telephone, face-to-face), for both internal networking and potentially client facing activity. Above all, this person should be hardworking and passionate for success.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work well independently as well as in a team
- To communicate effectively both internally and externally
- To take ownership
- Ensure all activity is recorded in the CRM
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Highly self-motivated, energetic individual who builds strong relationships quickly
- Great communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the changing market, our customers and the business
- Good levels of IT literacy are expected
- Understanding and/or interest in corporate communications and political and policy processes and knowledge of the European affairs environment and politically active companies would be an advantage but not essential as in-house training is provided
- Fluent English. French or German or alternatively any other major European language is a big advantage
- Remuneration + Meal vouchers
- Unique, varied and proven solution portfolio
- Double-digit growth over the last 3 years
- Extensive product management, consultant services, marketing and support structure in place to ensure success
- DODS Sales Enablement Programme to educate and fine tune sales skills
- On-boarding programme for all new starters
- Supportive, exciting and challenging environment
- Please apply via Onlysalesjob
Start date : As soon as possible
Deadline for applying: 29th November 2019
Dods is the essential partner in political insights. We help our customers solve difficult problems in the areas of political and policy developments, helping them keep ahead when assessing areas of strategic importance to their organisation. We are a fast-growing company, the convergence of well-established services such as media and events and innovative solutions within the Business Intelligence division provides DODS group with significant opportunity for future growth.
We’re a well-established company, with great people, innovative technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and excellent career prospects.
At DODS, we believe in helping our clients connect the dots within the political and public sector world. We are unrivalled intelligence, media, events and training specialists supporting strategic decisions for many businesses in the UK and in Europe. While we are responsive to a rapidly changing world, we never lose sight of our core values – impartiality, transparency and integrity.
DODS Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.