- As a network engineer you'll have responsibility for setting up, developing and maintaining our backbone network as well as customer’s network.
- The person will be responsible for providing support to our level 1 support team and troubleshoot any problems that arise.
- You may also be involved in designing new networks/services together with the network architect.
- He/She will ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance to our customers which are Municipalities, administrations, hospitals and Police.
- He/She will show technical understanding as well as empathy on customers issues.
- He/She will complete all information’s related to the issue and/or configuration in the knowledge Database/documentations.
- He/She works as technical support (level 2) on the customer network and services to his customers, and will know at least one of those environments:
o Cisco routing and switching
o Cisco Wireless (controller 5520, CMX
o Cisco MPLS: ASR, ISR
o Fortinet: Fortigate, Fortianalyzer, Fortiweb…
o HPe products (switches HP Aruba 3810, 5900 )
o Cisco CUCM for the videoconferencing part.
o Knowledge of Video over IP is an asset (VMS Genetec).
- The work environment bid a huge diversity of technology exposure on applications, network, voice and video products.
- This position assures to the person a learning curve in a lot of different technologies.
- After the outsourcing period, there are evolution opportunities as product specialist and being involved in the services design and/or projects delivery
- Works in collaboration with the operations team and the architect
- Report to the Operations Manager.
- Builds strong team relationships with other Network Engineers.
- Connects directly with end customers and vendors.
- Builds effective working relationships with customers while solving their issues.
- S/he will have a direct communication with the customer
- S/he will provide level 2 technical support to end customers on the different technologies, products, and/or solutions with a special focus on Unified Communication and LAN services.
- S/He will provide the next steps of troubleshooting in case of need
- S/he will share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical issues and solutions in order to enlarge the knowledge database and documentation.
- S/he will escalate the problems to the team if the issue is not to be solved at his/her level.
- S/he will escalate some specific problems to the product manager and/or to the Operations Manager for product enhancement.
- S/he will work closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals.
- S/he will strive to technical excellence and expertise.
- High "core" networking skills (routing, switching, MPLS)
- Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Unified communication/VOIP, Call Center, Routing, Switching (essential), firewalling
- Knowledge of network Architecture (advantageous)
- Fluent Dutch and French speaker (essential), knowledge of English
Industry or Sector Experience:
- Prior experience in a technical ICT / Telecom support environment (advantageous).
- Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential).
- Bachelor’s in computer studies or equivalent by experience.
- Cisco, Fortinet, HPe or other relevant technical certification.
- Autonomous worker with team spirit (essential)
- Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly (essential)
- Enjoys sharing knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment (essential)
- Out-of-the-box thinker (essential)
- Able to take initiative and drive change (essential)
- Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand
- Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement
- Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about the company.
- Team player (essential)