For our Sales team in the Brussels office, we’re looking for 2
Jr Sales/New Business Development
As part of our Sales team, you will start by familiarizing yourself with our products and services, our tools and your client portfolio.
As a Jr Sales consultant, you will then use your knowledge and appreciation of FMCG products and Nielsen services to listen to, discover and understand your client’s needs. You will be able to identify sales opportunities and leverage Nielsen’s value proposition to help your clients grow.
The New Business Development (NBD) team is focused on accelerating our business growth. The team concentrates its efforts to generate short-cycle revenue opportunities for small and medium clients and to grow existing ad-hoc clients. You will make contact with potential prospects, visiting all your clients and negotiate data access and consultative analyses to help them better understand their market and drive their growth. You’ll be responsible for the right delivery of data study you sold and present market trends in their category.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Nielsen, you will make a difference in our sales team by:
- Owning and delivering your revenue target for your FMCG client portfolio, monitoring it with tenacity and reacting quickly when necessary
- Designing and estimating costs of new Nielsen solutions
- Leading client meeting and handling sensitive client discussions where necessary, confidently negotiating and seeking to drive win-win outcomes within Nielsen and with the client.
- Understanding the decision-making process and influencing key decision makers.
- Work with other Nielsen departments to ensure alignment and buy-in.
The Sales Consultant will also listen to the client’s business questions and turn it into actionable Nielsen solutions. You will build and maintain a strong internal and external network. You will also develop the business, by identifying and penetrating new areas of growth.
As New Business Developer, you will create leads for more advanced/customized Nielsen services, and transform ad-hoc relationships into continuous contracts. To help you to do that, you will utilize with creativity the tools available in the wider organization such as Marketing & Communication calendars, commercial sales dries, category sales data and CRM toolkit.
Be ready to be part of our Sales Transformation!
Are you a client and solution-oriented person, loving challenges and teamwork? Are you curious about the FMCG industry? Do you understand growth & brand strategy? This position is your next challenge!
Our new collaborator will:
- Have a university degree (Business, Economy, Marketing, or related field)
- Have an experience of 1-2 years in the FMCG industry or in a New Business/Sales role, preferably consultative
- Have a minimum knowledge or curiosity/interest of market research/market data and/or consumer goods industry
- Be fluent in Dutch, French is an asset
- Be fluent in Business English
An ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience in Account Management
- Good understanding of FMCG preferably in Market Research and/or Trade/Category management
- B2B sales experience and an ability to prioritize client visits based on sales potential
- Experience in contracts negotiation
- Good at relation-building and demonstrate strong communication skills
- Skillful in driving client interest and new business through creative proposal
- Good organizational skills
GROW WITH US – WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Benefits. We offer a contract for an undetermined period. Besides the salary, you will get the following benefits package: meal vouchers, enrolment to our insurance group program (pension fund, hospitalization, disability insurance…), company car in a cafeteria plan, mobile phone, and as we work 40h/week, you will get 1 compensation day per full month (up to 12 extra days for a full year).
Training & Development. Nielsen employees are encouraged to pursue growth opportunities and are provided with professional training to enable them to stay at the fore-front of latest marketing trends.
Culture. Nielsen offers flexible working hours, helping you to create a work/life balance that is right for you. Moreover, you will experience a dynamic, open, international and solution-oriented environment. Being open, personal, connected and useful is woven into Nielsen's DNA. As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at Nielsen, you can: Be yourself, Make a Difference & Grow With Us.