IT Analyst Senior - req2162
Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
We design, develop, test and bring into production the IT solutions for the Graphical Network Resource Documentation Systems, in order to support the telecom business processes, to ensure the quality and sustainability of the solutions, and in line with the enterprise strategy.
Short Function Description:
Scope of responsibilities:
* You will work as main functional analyst on the application for the Fiber to the Home and Fiber to the Business documentation.
* You will do the intake for various projects, provide high-level estimates, and define and manage the solution design for the Graphical Network Resource Documentation applications managed within our team,
* You will play for the digital graphical network team a key role in the major network and service evolution projects which are typically
* You will provide functional expertise for software development projects
* You will define the functional architecture and best practices delivering highly scalable, available, secure and maintainable solutions.
* You will participate in the preparation of cost estimates and planning of new projects.
* You will drive continuous evolution of applications functionalities aligned with business vision and direction.
* You will supervise and review the work of the analysis and development team(s).
* You will review the functional analysis or use cases that have been developed in the application team for the projects you are involved in
* You will review the test scenarios and you verify the execution of these tests within our team for the projects you are involved in.
* You will oversee the work of the sourcing partners in terms of accuracy and compliance to company standards.
* You will assist in the hiring of analysts of the sourcing partners.
* You will provide support in case of severe operational issues.
* Master Degree in Computer Sciences or Telecom or equivalent by experience
* Min. 3 years of experience as (functional) analyst
* Strong analytic skills
* Knowledge of analysis techniques such as use cases and data modelling techniques (e.g. UML), and web services (xsd, xml) is a plus
* Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and/or Oracle Spatial is a plus
* You show pro-activity and you are pragmatic
* You take initiatives and systematically drive for results
* You dispose of a positive and creative mind set
* You dispose of good communication, influencing and presentation skills.
* You are able to understand business drivers and recommend cost effective options in response to business needs, challenging the business priority when needed.
* You are able to prioritize and meet deliverables in a highly competitive and demanding environment.
* You can work independently
* Other skills:
* Experience with the IT delivery lifecycle (analysis, development and testing).
* Experience working with multi-vendor highly outsourced application development environment is a plus
* Experience with or knowledge about graphical documentation systems is a plus
* Knowledge of telecom networks (Fiber, xDSL, Ethernet, IP) and telecom processes (provisioning, service activation, assurance) is a plus
* Fluent in English (oral/written). Preferably good knowledge of Dutch and/or French
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.