Young Professional - Junior Data Scientist (Scarlet) - req2046
WHO WE ARE?
Scarlet is part of the multi-brand strategy of Proximus. Scarlet is growing in importance and represents now a significant part of the sales volumes within the Consumer Business Unit.
We deliver 4-Play services towards the consumer segment, targeting price-conscious and smart shoppers. Our mission is to make telecom services accessible to all Belgians. Our values are Respect, Team and Daring.
To keep on realizing this growth, Scarlet is currently looking for a Junior Data Scientist, function reporting to the IT Director of Scarlet.
WHAT YOU TELL YOUR FRIENDS YOU DO ?
"I have an overview of all the data in the company and I'm making sure all data-sources are harvested correctly to observe current and predict future customer behavior."
HOW WILL YOU BE DOING THIS?
By bringing your technical skill set to the table, you will assess the current way the data and the databases are used and made accessible in the company. By leveraging on your technical competences, you bring forward some smart and easy-to-implement improvements towards the current way-of-working in the domain of customer-intelligence.
In parallel and by closely interacting with your team and the main business-stakeholders, you will assist in setting up and integrating a data enterprise hub to form the future data-intelligence core inside Scarlet.
You will bring in your data(base)-related knowledge to increase knowledge inside the Scarlet IT-team.
* You will make sure the business is provided with the correct operational and strategic reports in a structured way
* You will assist in setting up and integrating the data enterprise hub inside the Scarlet IT-architecture
* You will assist in proposing and selecting vendors of the appropriate tools.
* You will interact with productmanagement and legal-department to make sure data-retention strategies are compliant with applicable law and privacy-regulations.
WHAT WE HAVE WORKED ON LAST QUARTER
We're currently working on putting the ground-work in place. Your future colleague has been working hard on optimizing the way reports are being generated inside Scarlet. We're currently kicking off an RFP-process to select the correct tooling for our enterprise hub. If you come on board soon, you can be part of this interesting process.
You'll team up with a small but enthusiastic team of guys and girls with a deep passion for Scarlet. Next to that, you will work with your manager to create the ultimate partnership to ensure Business Intelligence / Data Science becomes one of the indispensable core-assets of Scarlet, providing insights and support for the business and its customers.
* You're smart and have some way to prove it (e.g. you hold a Master/Bachelor in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related field).
* You have maximum up to 3 years experience in a relevant domain
* You are acquainted with BI and big-data and understand big-data technologies.
* You are interested in a data-driven production environment, with exposure to analytics, big data, data
science and other over hyped buzz-word related areas.
* You have some knowledge or you are eager to learn of SQL, NoSQL (inc. Apache Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB, PIG, HBase, Raven, Cassandra), Data Warehousing.
* You have knowledge of Python and R.
* To communicate easily with the rest of the team, you can express yourself in English and in at least one of the two main languages in our country (Dutch or French).
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.